Carrot-Ginger Soup










I love eating soup but never get around to making it myself. Intimidated by the thought of combining the wrong ingredients and the process of making soup in itself always leads me to only discover it's vast possibilities in restaurants. But seeing as I now have a mixer which grinds just about everything, I decided that I should try this simple yet exotically delicious recipe. I recommend it with a fresh salad and fish or toasted baguette.

Ingredients:
-400g carrots, peeled and cut in fine slices
-60g ginger, cut in small cubes
-400ml coconut milk
-some oil for the pot
-salt and pepper
-curry spice

Instructions:
1. Sweat carrots with ginger. Deglaze with the coconut milk and 400ml of water.
2. Leave to simmer at medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. Use a kitchen mixer to produce a smooth texture. Spice with salt, pepper and a pinch of curry spice. Serve hot!
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts