Rose Petal Muffins
Rose petals are not only a beautiful thing to look at, they are also absolutely delicious! The first time I came across the combination of flowers and food was as fancy decoration on plates-they sure give otherwise dull plates full of dark tones a splash of colour! But it was not until I came across this recipe in one of my older cookbooks that I realised that rose petals are also edible in different forms. This recipe is perfect for fancy occasions-especially weddings!-and a perfect small talk topic!
Ingredients(for 10 muffins):
-4 Tbsp. butter, melted
-6 Tbsp. sugar
-1 egg, whisked
-1 Tsp. rose water
-50g rose petals, washed and chopped into rough pieces
-2 Tsp. baking powder
-1 P. Salt
For the icing:
-100g icing sugar
-1 Tbsp. rose water
-50g rose petals, washed
Oven: Preheat to 180 degrees
1. Whisk the butter with the sugar. Add egg, milk, rose water and rose petals. Mix thoroughly.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a seperate bowl. Add to the other ingredients.
3. Fill the muffin forms approx. 2/3 with the dough. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, sieve icing sugar, adding rose water. If necessary, add some extra water to make the icing more liquidy.
5. Spread the icing on the muffins and decorate the plate with the rose petals.