Yes, I admit it-I love strawberries! I could eat just about everything with them, be it salad, cereals, pesto.....mmm..........well maybe not eeeeverything-but I'm sure you get what I mean. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way!
But unfortunately for us strawberry-lovers, strawberry-picking-time is coming to a close and soon we can either still buy the imported products from Spain or become nostalgic everytime we come across anything reminding us of them......-alright, I'm being a bit dramatic. We still have the whole summer for strawberry-picking, but the moment should be grasped now before it's over and autumn again! So get out into the dirt and start picking!
For the dough:
-125g butter, melted
-1 Pkg. vanilla sugar
-80g cocoa powder
-2 Tsp. baking soda
-1/4 l milk
-2 Tbsp. frozen berries
-1/16 l milk
-100ml whipped cream
As well as around 20 nice strawberries
Oven: Preheat to 180 degrees
1. Whisk butter with sugar and eggs until smooth. Fold in vanilla sugar, cocoa powder , flour and baking soda. Add milk and stir until dough is smooth.
2. Fill the dough into small buttered baking forms (around 5-7), and bake in oven for around 55 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, crush beeries with milk in a mixer. Whisk cream and fold underneath berries.
4. Slice the tartelettes in half horizontally. Spread two tablespoons full of cream on every 'bottom' half and place the other half on top. Now evenly cover each tartelette with another 2 tablespoons of cream.
5. Decorate with strawberries.