Tabbouleh









Cantine food is one thing that I've never been surprised by in a positive way. Well, maybe once or twice, but it doesn't happen very often! The food in the 'mensa', the so-called cafeteria for students, serves food that fills the tummy, but not food that's yummy, or that makes you still feel healthy after eating it. Okay, that last thing was a bit 'over-the-top' and I'm definetly not expecting 5-star-cooking or some weird 'vegan/bio-cooking' at uni, but they could make a bit of an effort when it comes to thinking of new ideas....the odd times I do go to the mensa, I usually end up going to the salad bar, reminding myself that I should've packed a lunch in the morning. And this is the type of lunch I usually think of: tabbouleh, or couscous, or....well you see what I mean! This is the kind of food that you can still prepare the evening before-so no extra stress or getting up earlier in the morning-and it will make everyone want to trade with you!

Ingredients:
-200g bulgur
-1/2 bunch parsley
-1/2 bunch coriander
-4 leaves mint
-1 red paprika
-3 tomatoes
-1/2 cucumber
-lemon juice from two lemons (4 tbsp.)
-4 Tbsp. olive oil
-salt &pepper

Instructions:
1. Cook bulgur in 500ml water for around 10 minutes. Remove from stove and leave to swell for around 10 minutes
2. Meanwhile, chop the herbs and cut the vegetables in small cubes.
3. Mix vegetables and herbs into bulgur and add lemon juice and olive oil. Spice with salt &pepper.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts