Beet Salad with Goat Cheese






Hey there! I havn't been around with new updates in a while-sorry about that! But Christmas and New Years got in the way, and I created a habit of just eating tons and tons of amazing food without stopping by here and filling you in with some recipes. Well, I guess we all had our holiday mood on during the last 2 weeks, right? And now it's about time to get back to work: 2014, a new year, a new start annnnd my blogs second anniversary. I'm usually not one for New Years resolutions, but there's  one thing that I want to change: Blog more!! I'm planning at least two posts every week-do you think I'll manage? Let's see....
A little something to this recipe: I usually never ate beets, mainly because I was scared of the purple colour that dyes EVERYTHING, the unusual sweet taste and the sheer fact that I didn't understand the cooking method. But I finally overcame my beet-fear and bought myself some. Why? Because I was inspired by a great recipe from an even greater cook book I was given for Christmas: Donna Hay's 'Fresh and Light'. I recommend this to anyone who is searching for healthy eating options and beautiful food photography.                                                                                 Enough said, I hope you try this recipe some time-all I can say is that it isn't the last time that I bought myself beets...

Ingredients (4 portions):
-1 bunch field salad
-4 red beets, cooked
-120g goat cheese
-3 Tbsp. vinegar
-1 Tbsp. olive oil
-salt &pepper
-honey

Instructions:
1. Wash and dry salad. 
2. Chop red beets and goat cheese into rough cubes.
3. Combine vinegar, oil and spices for the salad dressing.
4. Fold beets and goat cheese into salad and dress with sauce. Add a drizzle of honey to each portion.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts