Red Tofu Curry with Broccoli












I just realised that this is probably only the third time I've eaten tofu in my entire life. That basically already says it all. I never really felt the need to add this food to my menu/food plan/diet or whatever else you can call what you eat on an everyday basis. But I didn't want to make another curry with chicken, and when I saw the new tofu assortment at my supermarket, I thought that I might as well try something new once in a while! It definetly tastes very different than the regular 'meaty' curry, but I liked it! Red curry paste was also a new experience, I usually cook with yellow or paenang-also a very postive surprise!
All I can say is that this curry is definetly going into the collection an tofu will be less of a stranger to my kitchen from now on!


Ingredients (4 portions):
-2 tbsp. red curry paste
-400ml coconut milk
-200g tofu
-1 broccoli
-1/2 yellow paprika

Instructions:
1. Place curry paste into a heated pan or wok. Add two tablespoons of the thick part of the coconut milk and wait for bubbles to start appearing. Add another 3 tablespoons of the milk and leave to simmer for a couple of minutes.
2. Toss in tofu, broccoli and paprika. Bring to boil again and add remaining coconut milk. Leave at medium heat for around 5 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
3. Serve wih glass noodles or rice.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts