Butternut Squash Soup














It feels like it's been ages since I last shared a recipe with you. It also seems like ages since I last was able to properly cook in my kitchen! I had a clogged up kitchen drain for around three weeks, and in this time I only used my kitchen for making tea, cold meals and snacks. I more or less lived on take away and backery food, which made me realize once again how nice it is to have a kitchen for preparing nurturing and delicious warm meals. 
Yesterday the drain was finally fixed, and I was excited like a kid to finally be able to make something yummy that I was wanting to make for ages: pumpkin soup.
I'd already made a hokkaido pumpkin soup a few weeks ago (which I might also still share with you), but when I found a butternut sqaush in the grocery shop the other day, I had to buy it! I wasn't sure if I would be able to create a pumpkin soup as delicious as the last one, but it luckily turned out great! I hope you will also use the abundance of pumpkins to make yourself a soothing, wholesome soup in the next weeks!

Ingredients (2 portions):
-1 butternut squash
-1 tbsp. olive oil
- 250 ml water
-1 tsp. vegetable broth
- 3tbsp. sour cream
- salt and pepper

Instructions:
1. Remove seeds and skin from pumpkin flesh using a sharp kitchen knife. Cut into medium-sized cubes.
2. Heat up oil in a large pot. Glaze pumpkin flesh in olive oil for a few minutes, add vegetable broth and leave to simmer at medium heat for 25-30 minutes. 
3. Remove from stove and blend in a food processor until smooth. Add sour cream, spice and serve in soup bowls. Garnish with sunflower seeds or/and a drizzle of cream.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts